Cub Hill Bible Presbyterian Church
Our church was founded in 1943 by Dr. Arthur Slaght in the old Fire Hall on Hanover Street in South Baltimore. In 1963, Rev. John Dekker and his family led the church through a growth period that brought them into Baltimore County, where our current building is located. We broke ground in 1967 and became the Cub Hill Bible Presbyterian Church. In 1991, we expanded our church building – to its current facility. Praise the Lord for the facilities He’s given us!
Our church holds to the fundamentals of the Christian faith. It was founded on the desire to remain faithful to the inspiration of the Scriptures and the Westminster standards. We are Reformed in theology, zealous for home and foreign missions, and evangelistic in ministry.
We are a family of believers anxious to welcome you to fellowship with us. It’s important to spend time in worship with like-minded people, for where two or more are gathered, we know we’ll find Jesus in our midst.
Because the Lord is faithful to us, we are faithful to Him. We are involved in communities the world over, as well as around town, lending our support to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Since 2003, Rev. David Lewis, M.Div., has been pastoring our congregation. He is committed to preaching and teaching the whole counsel of God’s Word.
In Defense of Truth
Moment Of Truth
The daily Moment of Truth broadcasts are 1 minute spots
heard each weekday on WCBM
Our Church’s Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures (the Old & New Testaments) to be the divinely inspired and inerrant Word of God, the infallible rule of faith and life.
- We believe in one God, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, eternal and equal in power, glory, and substance.
- We believe that God created man in His own image, but that, tempted by Satan, who is the author of sin, he fell from the estate in which he was created, into an estate of sin, misery, and death because he sinned. We believe that, with Adam, all his posterity fell and incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings, Jesus Christ alone excepted, are henceforth born with a depraved nature, absolutely unable to help themselves or to accomplish their salvation.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and that in His person deity and humanity were united.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins on the cross as both a representative and a substitutionary sacrifice, so that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life, are justified on the grounds of His shed blood, which cleanses us from sin. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the grave in which he was buried on the third day in the same body in which He died, that He ascended into Heaven and now appears in the presence of the Father as our Advocate, Intercessor, and Great High Priest.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God’s grace, and that all who believe and accept Him as their Lord and Savior are born again by the work of the Holy Spirit. We believe that such as are born again are eternally secure and thereto sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of Christ’s return. We believe that we may have the joy of assurance of our salvation as a fruit of sanctification by the working of the Holy Spirit in our hearts.
- We believe that those whom the Lord has effectually called, justified, and adopted are henceforth left in this world to serve and glorify God by bearing a faithful witness to Jesus Christ by word and deed. We believe that the Moral Law is binding on all mankind and that in its light we must keep ourselves from this wicked world, from sin, from apostasy, and from every appearance of evil.
- We believe that the true church of Jesus Christ consists of the elect of all ages, and that as long as we are in the world, we are not to forsake or neglect the gathering of ourselves together on the Lord’s Day to spend the whole time in the exercise of private and pubic worship of Almighty God, and to be refreshed by His Word and prayer, and to observe the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as the Savior instructed by His Word.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman, in accordance with God’s Holy Word.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming again to this earth to take His church out of this world and to set up His kingdom for 1,000 years. We believe that, at that time, the dead shall be raised from their graves, after which the saved shall inherit everlasting blessedness, and the wicked everlasting punishment in hell.
Meet Our Pastor
Rev. David R. Lewis
ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
- Romans 3:10,23
Sin separates man from God and leads to death.
- James 1:15; Romans 8:6-7
- John 3:16; 1 Peter 2:24
God forgives sin through Jesus' blood by His grace and through faith.
- Ephesians 1:7; 2:7-9